A new species of lizard has been discovered in the islanded desert village. A breakthrough made a little too late..its been a year since I left Zoology for its more glamorous sister, Biotechnology. I miss Zoology. She never ceased to amaze me, was I mesmerized? you bet! Why did I abandon her? Old habits die hard.. never been sincere..a born drifter. So for now, it is the Biotechnology bitch that I have to bear.
oh..the chhipkali..yeah..Chudail toh ayi nahi, chhipakali chipak gayi. As I opened the window this evening to let the fresh air in, there sprang onto me, the tiniest little devil. Maine use dekha, usne mujhe dekha, thoda main ghabrayee, thoda woh ghabrayee, and then it sprang onto the nearby chair, and then I screamed!
New species indeed! It has a characteristically darker pigmentation than the common wall lizard (darker than my skin, someone's got a worse tan than moi!)..and, it likes to JUMP! HOP!
Shikha (co-discoverer), observes that woh upar sey neechey hi nahi, neechey sey upar bhi kood jaati hai!
hain??
yintersting!
So we come to its naamkaran. I made a little list, here it is:
Hemidactylus joie
Hemidactylus exuberanceae
Hemidactylus jumper
Hemidactylus vivaceae..
waddya think??
Wednesday, May 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hemidactylus exuberanceae sounds LOVELY.. yehi hai right choice baby! aha!
Post a Comment