Friday, December 29, 2006

bas, ek pal

3 superpsycho men + 2 superconfused women = bas ek pal.
A movie with an average storyline (nevermind the Ek hasina thi deja vu in the first half) but just not there...
Even with an interesting mix of lately so called critically acclaimed actors, the movie turned out to be utterly patchy.For one, the characters were flat,even with their shades of grey. Topping it were numerous technical snags, especially a repetetive storyboard.The shots fell short of any cinematographic worth.
Mechanically no flaws, but craftmanship lacking.
And ofcourse..lack of continuity as a result of going in an out of flashbacks..couldn't they give it a black n white or sepia hue to help poor dumb souls like me grasp the fourth dimension of the story better?
A shame really.Filmmaking in the Bollywood (oh how I hate the borrowed nomenclature) of 21st century has seen better days.I'm sure a dud like Jaani Dushman used the camera more cleverly!
Do I sound upset??I am!
The actors.
Urmila seemed like she couldn't come out of the series of mentally unstable characters she's been playing.
Jimmy Shergill seemed so excited about his wheelchair,wheeling it aroung like a little boy who'd just graduated from a tricycle to a bicycle.
The only worthwile performance..Rehaan Engineer..but, what a waste!

No comments: